Salads are not just for Summer! This chicken salad is very satisfying and tastes lovely as a main dish or as a side.
It is such a quick, but super yummy salad, just give it a go!
Ingredients - for 1 person:
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 50-100 g of chicken breast cut into smaller pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- a handful of cherry or plum tomatoes
- 200g of rocket salad
- 1 tsp mixed chicken spices (or a little bit more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- optional: roasted pine nuts or crushed walnuts for extra crunch
- Cut the hard boiled egg into 8 parts and half the cherry tomatoes
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar with a tablespoon of olive oil and add the black pepper. Stir it together well.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the chicken spices in a bowl and heat the rest of the olive oil in your frying pan. When hot, add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes until the chicken is done. (The time will depend on the size of your chicken pieces. Cut one in half if you want to make sure it is fully cooked)
Add the halved tomatoes at the end for about 2 minutes, so they heat up and become softer, but not go all mushy.
- Now put the rocket salad in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar/olive oil mixture and make sure the salad is covered with it well
- Place the salad on a plate and place the egg parts on top of it. Then add the warm chicken and cherry tomatoes and enjoy!
(If you want to add some nuts, sprinkle them over your plate and dig in! :) )