Keep going for longer with a super satisfying 'eggcellent' breakfast, high in Omega-3! ;)
This omelette is ready in no time and you can even prepare it the evening before and keep it in the fridge overnight for a quick and healthy breakfast the next morning.
Ingredients - for 1 person:
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of smoked salmon - cut in small pieces
- 1tbsp of olive oil and if you want - you can combine the olive oil in a little pot with a small knob of butter for a fuller taste.
- a handful of fresh basil or parsley - finely chopped (you can use dried herbs if you don't have fresh ones at hand)
- black pepper
- optional: if you don't have salmon, you can also add cooked ham or chicken to your omelette, but the salmon gives you that extra Omega-3 boost.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and add black pepper generously to taste. (I wouldn't add salt as the salmon already is salty.)
- Whisk the eggs so they are well blended and you have an overall yellow colour (practically no more egg white visible).
- Heat your frying pan and when hot, add the olive oil and swirl it around so the pan is fully coated with the olive oil (make sure the sides have a light coat, so your egg won't stick to the sides either).
- Add the salmon pieces to the pan and divide them, so they are equally spread out in your pan and let them cook for a minute.
- Now poor in your egg-mixture in one go and make sure the egg covers the whole surface of the pan and immediately add the chopped up basil or parsley.
Let it all cook until the egg is fully set. If you have some runny bits in between the set egg, then shake the pan so it runs into the gaps and spreads out over the pan, so eventually all the egg is set.
- That's it, you can add some black pepper on top and slide the omelette on your plate and enjoy!