Become the best 'you' with this great tasting quinoa salad!
Easy to prepare and you can even make it in advance so you have a healthy lunch at hand.
Ingredients - for 2 people:
- 20 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/2 cucumber - chopped up
- 1/2 small red onion - chopped in very small pieces
- 120 g quinoa
- a handful of fresh parsley - finely chopped (or dried parsley)
- juice of 1 lemon
- vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- to choice: mini mozzarella balls or canned tuna or ham pieces or ... whatever you like really, this salad allows for different types of additions.
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the pack or cook as follows: Rinse the quinoa, add your vegetable stock and the quinoa to your cooking pot (usually: 1 part of quinoa v. 1.5 part of water), let it come to a boil and then gently continue simmering for about 10 minutes, then turn off the hob and let it sit for another 5 minutes. Fluff it up and let it cool off.
- Combine the chopped cucumber, the halved cherry tomatoes, the fresh parsley in a bowl and mix it up nicely.
- Add your choice of addition to the bowl (as you can see in the picture, we chose for mozzarella this time).
- Make a little dressing by mixing the lemon juice and a tad of olive oil in a separate bowl. Add the garlic powder and the salt&pepper to your liking and stir well into the mixture.
- Then all you have left to do is to add the vegetables, the cooled off quinoa and the dressing mixture together and stir everything gently so it is evenly mixed together and it is all ready to eat!
You can eat it immediately as a main, a side or you can put it in the fridge and have it for lunch the next day. Bon appetit!